Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Those chips are stale..

I remember fondly going to my Great Uncle Wally's house in recent years (well it may have been 10 years ago but who is counting)  and we had snacks prepared by him and his wife whose health wasn't the best. In any regard, the crackers were stale and we being polite, kept eating them. Upon my Aunt getting a taste she blurts out- "These crackers are stale!" to which my dear uncle replied "Eat em up!"
I am reminded of this because in making our dear daughter's lunch  this morning she made her opinions and requests known as usual(and expected),she mentioned that the Doritos were stale that were in her lunch yesterday and "I want soup!"  We of course starting teasing her and she began laughing.
It makes me sad that she didn't know him but it reminds me how important it is to cherish your time with the special people in your life (Even if they are pitas, see example below:))





No comments:

Post a Comment